SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
A meeting of Scothern Parish Council will be held remotely on Wednesday 7th October 2020 at 7.30pm.
Following the introduction of new legislation Councils are now able to hold their meetings remotely. The Parish Council will therefore be using Zoom online video conferencing to hold remote meetings, until further notice.
If you wish to attend the abovementioned remote meeting you will need to:
1) Email the Parish Clerk via email@example.com no later than noon on Monday 5th October 2020, to advise. You will then be sent an email with a link to enable you to access this meeting.
2) You may need to register with Zoom and download the relevant software/app onto your computer, phone or ipad, in advance of the meeting. To do this go to https://zoom.us - press the ‘signup its free button’ and follow the onscreen guidance to register.
3) Approximately 10 minutes before the meeting is due to start, you should click the link detailed in the email sent to you from the Council. You may then be prompted to enter the User ID and password which will also be emailed to you.
Signed: L. Richardson
Clerk to the Council
2nd October 2020
2) External Reports
a) Police report
b) District Councillor Report
c) County Councillor Report
3) Public Session
4) Apologies for Absence:
5) Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary):
6) Minutes of previous meeting
Notes of the Council Meeting held on 2nd September 2020 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes.
7) Update Reports:
- To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative.
- To receive an email and update regarding cycling on Chapel Walk.
- To receive an update regarding the new Parish Council website.
8) Council Functions:
- Playpark – To receive an update regarding the annual safety play area inspections and take any necessary action.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the reduction of the village bus service.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the annual christmas event.
9) Financial matters
- Current financial statement.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the 2021/22 budget preparation.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the 2019/20 audit return.
- To decide upon the purchase of a Remembrance Wreath.
- To agree Clerks salary increase inline with National pay scales.
- Invoices for payment to be agreed (all excluding VAT where appropriate: -
Multidata (October) Broadband 38.92 0.00 38.92
Mrs L Richardson (October) Clerks Salary, broadband/
Use of house as office 461.00 0.00 461.00
Redfearns Grass Cutting Orchard Grass Cutting 125.00 0.00 125.00
Cllrs Mrs C Nicoll Printer toner 47.99 8.00 39.99
Welton Parish Council Play Area Inspection 20.00 0.00 20.00
Glendale Grass Cutting 687.88 114.64 573.24
Glendale Grass Cutting 1021.87 170.32 851.55
Royal British Legion Remembrance Wreath 20.00 0.00 20.00
Mrs L Richardson Salary increase payment 73.71 0.00 73.71
11) Highways and Maintenance
- Update report
- To review and take any necessary action regarding the 2021/22 grass cutting and village maintenance schedule, ready for tender.
12) Planning matters: -
a) 141292 - Land adjacent to Ashlin Farm Barns, Ashing Lane, Dunholme - Planning application for the
erection of 19no. holiday lets, proposed reception building, excavation of wildlife lake and associated
landscaping – Undergoing public consultation.
141311 - 19 Heathlea Scothern - Planning application for conservatory on the side of dwelling –
141496 – 28 Sudbrooke Road – Planning application for two storey side extension – Granted
141579 – Hall Farm, West Drive, Sudbrooke – Planning application for erection of agricultural storage
building – to discuss and submit any comments to WLDC.
b) To receive an update regarding the Community Infrastructure Levy on the development on Langworth Road.
13) Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths
a) To discuss and submit any comments regarding the School Admissions consultation.
- Grange Park
– To receive update report
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the purchase of replacement seating
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report
16) Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various e newsletters
- Playdays – Various emails regarding play area inspection report
- LCC – Confirmation details regarding cycling on Field footpaths
- LCC – Launch of NHS Track and Trace app
- LALC – Various coronavirus updates
- LCC – Update regarding new A46 round a bout
- Resident – Email regarding missed grass cutting
- LALC – Annual report
- Land Registry – Update regarding Grange Park boundary line
- LALC – Update pay scales
17) Next meetings
- Wednesday 3rd November 2020