SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
A meeting of Scothern Parish Council will be held remotely on Wednesday 14th April 2021 at
Following the introduction of new legislation Councils are now able to hold meetings remotely. The Parish Council will therefore be using Zoom online video conferencing to hold remote meetings, until further notice.
If you wish to attend this remote meeting you will need to:
Email the Parish Clerk via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Monday 12th April 2021, to request access details. You will then be sent an email with a link to enable you to access this meeting.
Approximately 5 minutes before the meeting is due to start, you should click the link detailed in the email sent to you from the Council. You may then be prompted to enter the User ID and password which will also be emailed to you.
Signed: L. Richardson
Clerk to the Council
8th April 2021
- Housekeeping (All)
- External Reports (All)
a) Police Update
b) District Councillor Report
c) County Councillor Report
3) Public Session (All)
4) Apologies for Absence: (All)
5) Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary): (All)
6) Minutes of previous meetings
- Notes of the Council Meeting held on 10th March 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes (All)
7) Update Reports:
- To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative (DC)
- To receive an update regarding the purchase of a speed indicator signs and erection poles, including the purchase of pole clips. (DC & Clerk)
- Playpark – To receive an update regarding the maintenance of the village play area (JLF)
8) Council Functions:
a) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the village litter pick.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the future of remote meetings – information received from NALC and LALC.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Annual Parish meeting.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Annual Community Award.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the best kept garden competition.
9) Financial matters
- Current financial statement (All)
- To note the submission deadline for the 2020-21 Annual Audit
- To appoint an internal auditor for the 2020-21 Annual Internal Audit
- Invoices for payment to be agreed (All)
Multidata (April) Broadband 38.92 0.00 38.92
Mrs L Richardson Clerks Salary, broadband/
Use of house as office 471.53 0.00 471.53
Glendale Grass Cutting 94.20 15.70 78.50
D. Canton Reimbursement of loops 101.04 16.84 84.20
Mrs C Nicoll Facemasks for speed watch 8.99 1.50 6.49
Scothern Parish Council Transfer to Play area Fund 2500.00 0.00 2500.00
10) Highways and Maintenance
- Update report (JLF)
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the work undertaken by Western Power on Heath Road
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage and management scheme for
- Saxon Fields
- Craypool Lane
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage issues on Sudbrooke Road.
12) Planning matters: -
a) 142322 – Land to rear of 26 Craypool Lane – Planning application to erect 1no. dwelling and detached garage – amendment to existing approval number 138949 – Granted
b) 142339 – Marc Harris Commercials Ltd – Request for confirmation of compliance of condition 2 of planning permission 140275 granted 12th February 2020 – Undergoing public consultation
c) 142517 - 23 Main Street – Erection of car port to side of property – Undergoing public consultation
d) 142676 – Chesterwood, 30 Main Street – Planning application for external timber cladding new doors and windows and other internal alterations – discuss and submit comments to WLDC.
e) To receive an update regarding the planning contravention of the planning application for plot 8 of the Deers Leap, Dunholme Road development.
f) To receive an update regarding the planning contraventions of the planning application for Mark Harris Commercials Ltd development.
13) Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths (BP)
14) Reports – to receive update reports:
- Grange Park (CJN)
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report (JLF)
15) Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various newsletters
- NALC and LALC – Information regarding the future of remote meetings
16) Next meeting – Annual Parish Council Meeting - Date to be confirmed