SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
A meeting of Scothern Parish Council will take place on Wednesday 8th September 2021 at 7.30pm in The Methodist Church, Main Street, Scothern. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Signed: L. Richardson
Clerk to the Council
1st September 2021
prior to council being called to order there is a short period when residents can make comments
- Housekeeping (All)
- External Reports (All)
a) Police Update
b) District Councillor Report
c) County Councillor Report
- Public Session (All)
4) Apologies for Absence: (All)
- To receive and decide upon applications for co-option onto the Parish Council
6) Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary): (All)
7) Minutes of previous meetings
a) Notes of the Council l Meeting held on 30th June 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes (All)
b) Notes of the Council Meeting held on 11th August 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes (All)
8) Update Reports:
- To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative (DC)
- Playpark – To receive an update regarding the maintenance of the village play area (JLF)
- Playpark – To receive the Annual safety inspection and take any necessary action (JLF)
- To receive an update regarding the best garden competition and agree on a financial donation towards the competition winner’s prizes.
9) Council Functions:
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the reinstatement of public transport.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Central Lincolnshire Local Plan Review Consultation.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Neighbourhood Plan review.
- To decide upon a representative/s to attend the LALC AGM on Wednesday 6th October 2021
- To receive and discuss an email regarding the implementation of a Good Neighbour Scheme in the village.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding Christmas events.
10) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the spreading of the fields and environmental impact.
11) Financial matters
- Current financial statement (All)
- To receive an update regarding the 2020-21 Annual Audit
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the WLDC Business Brief and 2022-23 Budget recommendations.
- To receive and decide upon a financial request from Scothern Recreation Centre for costs relating to electrical works needed.
- To receive and decide upon a request from Scothern Recreation Centre to pay the grass cutting costs for the playing field and surrounding area.
- To receive an update regarding CIL payments due for the development on Dunholme Road.
- Invoices for payment to be agreed (All)
- See attached list to ratify payments made since last meeting
Supplier Detail Gross VAT Net
Multidata Broadband 40.12 0.00 40.12
Mrs L Richardson (July) Clerks salary and expenses 471.53 0.00 471.53
RoSPA Annual Play area Safety Inspection 120.00 20.00 100.00
Glendale Grass Cutting 1522.11 254.02 1268.09
12) Highways and Maintenance
- Update report (JLF)
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage and management scheme for
- Craypool Lane (Drainage)
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage issues on Sudbrooke Road.
14) Planning matters: -
a) 143116 – 12 The Alders – Planning application for proposed extensions and alterations to existing dwelling –
15) Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths (BP)
16) Reports – to receive update reports:
- Grange Park (CJN)
- To receive an update regarding work to the boundary trees of Grange Park and Barbers Farm.
- To receive an update from the working group
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report (JLF)
17) Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various newsletters
- WSP – Request for information regarding flooding in the village
- Resident – Comments relating to the Central Lincolnshire Local Plan Consultation
- LCC – Bus service improvement survey advertisement
- Lincoln Police Crime Commissioner Office – Annual PCC Survey advertisement
18) Next meeting – Wednesday 13th October 2021 at 7.30pm at The Methodist Church, Main Street, Scothern