SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
A meeting of Scothern Parish Council will be held remotely on Wednesday 10th March 2021 at 7.30pm.
Following the introduction of new legislation Councils are now able to hold meetings remotely. The Parish Council will therefore be using Zoom online video conferencing to hold remote meetings, until further notice.
If you wish to attend this remote meeting you will need to:
Email the Parish Clerk via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Monday 8th March 2021, to request access details. You will then be sent an email with a link to enable you to access this meeting.
Approximately 5 minutes before the meeting is due to start, you should click the link detailed in the email sent to you from the Council. You may then be prompted to enter the User ID and password which will also be emailed to you.
Signed: L. Richardson
Clerk to the Council
4th March 2021
- Housekeeping (All)
- External Reports (All)
a) Police Update, if any incidents to report on
b) District Councillor Report
c) County Councillor Report
3) Public Session (All)
4) To receive applications for co-option onto the Parish Council
5) Apologies for Absence: (All)
6) Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary): (All)
7) Minutes of previous meetings
- Notes of the Council Meeting held on 10th February 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes (All)
8) Update Reports:
- To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative (DC)
- To an update regarding the purchase of a speed indicator signs and erection poles. (DC & Clerk)
9) Council Functions:
- Playpark – To receive and decide upon quotes for maintenance work required to the play area as stated in the annual play area inspection report (JLF)
- To review and adopt the Health and Safety policy.
- To review and adopt the Risk Assessment Policy
10) Financial matters
- Current financial statement (All)
- Invoices for payment to be agreed (All)
Multidata (January) Broadband 38.92 0.00 38.92
Mrs L Richardson Clerks Salary, broadband/
Use of house as office 469.53 0.00 469.53
Glendale Village Maintenance 1616.40 269.40 1347.00
Welton Parish Council Playarea Inspections 20.00 0.00 20.00
Mrs P Sargeant Bus Shelter Cleaning 250.00 0.00 250.00
Jacob Fotheringham Bench Installation 510.00 0.00 510.00
HMRC PAYE Tax liability 8.20 0.00 0.00
To be paid 1st April 2021
LALC Annual Membership 256.42 0.00 256.42
LALC Annual Training Scheme 120.00 20.00 100.00
11) Highways and Maintenance
- Update report (JLF)
- To receive quotes, discuss and take any necessary action regarding maintenance required to the Parish Council car park off The Alders.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding residents requests to plant trees on The Green.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the WLDC litter picking initiative.
- To ratify costs of footpath edging around the village.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage and management scheme for
- Main Street
- Saxon Fields
- Craypool Lane
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage issues on Sudbrooke Road.
13) Planning matters: -
a) 142322 – Land to rear of 26 Craypool Lane – Planning application to erect 1no. dwelling and detached garage – amendment to existing approval number 138949 – Undergoing public consultation
b) 142339 – Marc Harris Commercials Ltd – Request for confirmation of compliance of condition 2 of planning permission 140275 granted 12th February 2020 – Discuss and submit comments to WLDC.
c) 23 Main Street – Erection of car port to side of property – Discuss and submit comments to WLDC.
d) To receive an update regarding the planning contravention of the planning application for plot 8 of the Deers Leap, Dunholme Road development.
e) To receive an update regarding the planning contraventions of the planning application for Mark Harris Commercials Ltd development.
14) Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths (BP)
- To receive an update regarding maintenance due to overhanging tree on FFP 1025
15) Reports – to receive update reports:
- Grange Park (CJN)
- To receive an update from Cllr Mrs Nicoll
- Update regarding the Councils application for Lincolnshire Co-Op Community Champions
- To receive an update regarding supply/installation of new benches.
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report (JLF)
16) Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various newsletters
17) To agree to close the meeting to press and public.
18) To note completion of the Clerks annual appraisal.
19) Next meeting
- Wednesday 14th April 2021, 7.30pm, to be held remotely via zoom