SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
The Annual meeting of Scothern Parish Council will be held remotely on Wednesday 5th May 2021, following the Annual Parish meeting.
Following the introduction of new legislation Councils are now able to hold meetings remotely. The Parish Council will therefore be using Microsoft Teams online video conferencing to hold remote meetings, until further notice.
If you wish to attend this remote meeting you will need to:
Email the Parish Clerk via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Tuesday 4th May 2021, to request access details. You will then be sent an email with a link to enable you to access this meeting.
Approximately 5 minutes before the meeting is due to start, you should click the link detailed in the email sent to you from the Council. You may then be prompted to enter the User ID and password which will also be emailed to you.
Signed: L. Richardson
Clerk to the Council
28th April 2021
- Housekeeping (All)
- To elect a chairman and sign the declaration of acceptance of office
- To elect a vice chairman and sign the declaration of acceptance of office
- External Reports (All)
a) Police Update
b) District Councillor Report
c) County Councillor Report
5) Public Session (All)
6) Apologies for Absence: (All)
7) Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary): (All)
8) Minutes of previous meetings
- Notes of the Council Meeting held on 14th April 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes (All)
9) Update Reports:
- To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative (DC)
- To receive an update regarding the installation of a speed indicator sign and erection poles (DC & Clerk)
- Playpark – To receive an update regarding the maintenance of the village play area (JLF)
- To receive an update regarding the best garden competition.
10) Council Functions:
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the future of remote meetings – information received from NALC and LALC.
- To resolve that the Parish Council delegates authority to the Clerk/RFO in consultation with the Chairman/Vice-Chairman to suspend any relevant Standing Order or Financial Regulation as necessary ,to ensure the smooth running and operation of the Council and to undertake day to day duties to minimise disruption to service provision and ensure business continuity ,until such time as the Council can meet face-to-face in a Covid safe environment or alternative legislation is introduced.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding Councillor responsibilities.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the reinstatement of public transport.
11) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding possible smoke nuisance from Scothern Nurseries.
12) Financial matters
- Current financial statement (All)
- To receive an update regarding the 2020-21 Annual Audit.
- To receive and decide quotes for the annual insurance, including a decision to enter into a long-term agreement.
- Invoices for payment to be agreed (All)
Multidata (April) Broadband 38.92 0.00 38.92
Mrs L Richardson Clerks Salary, broadband/
Use of house as office 471.53 0.00 471.53
Glendale Grass Cutting TBC TBC TBC
Ico Data Management Fee 35.00 0.00 35.00
13) Highways and Maintenance
- Update report (JLF)
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the work undertaken by Western Power on Heath Road
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage and management scheme for
- Saxon Fields (Management Scheme and drainage)
- Craypool Lane (Drainage)
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage issues on Sudbrooke Road.
15) Planning matters: -
a) 142339 – Marc Harris Commercials Ltd – Request for confirmation of compliance of condition 2 of planning permission 140275 granted 12th February 2020 – Condition discharged
b) 142517 - 23 Main Street – Erection of car port to side of property – Undergoing public consultation - Granted
c) 142676 – Chesterwood, 30 Main Street – Planning application for external timber cladding new doors and windows and other internal alterations – Undergoing public consultation
d) 142755 – 20 Heathlea – Planning application for replacement garage to the side – discuss and submit any comments to WLDC.
e) To receive an update regarding the planning contravention of the planning application for plot 8 of the Deers Leap, Dunholme Road development.
f) To receive an update regarding the planning contraventions of the planning application for Mark Harris Commercials Ltd development.
16) Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths (BP)
17) Reports – to receive update reports:
- Grange Park (CJN)
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report (JLF)
18) Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various newsletters
- Resident regarding memorial bench on Grange Park
- Resident regarding noise from The Bottle and Glass
19) Next meeting – Provisionally Wednesday 9th June 2021, dependant upon remote meeting legislation.