SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
A meeting of Scothern Parish Council will be held remotely on Wednesday 6th January 2021 at 7.30pm.
Following the introduction of new legislation Councils are now able to hold meetings remotely. The Parish Council will therefore be using Zoom online video conferencing to hold remote meetings, until further notice.
If you wish to attend this remote meeting you will need to:
Email the Parish Clerk via email@example.com no later than noon on Monday 4th January 2021, to request access details. You will then be sent an email with a link to enable you to access this meeting.
You may need to register with Zoom and download the relevant software/app onto your computer, ‘phone or iPad, in advance of the meeting. To do this go to https://zoom.us - press the ‘signup its free button’ and follow the onscreen guidance to register.
Approximately 10 minutes before the meeting is due to start, you should click the link detailed in the email sent to you from the Council. You may then be prompted to enter the User ID and password which will also be emailed to you.
Signed: L. Richardson
Clerk to the Council
31st December 2021
1. Housekeeping (All)
2. External Reports (All)
a) Police Update, where applicable
b) District Councillor Report
c) County Councillor Report
3. Public Session (All)
4. Apologies for Absence: (All)
5. Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary): (All)
6. Minutes of previous meetings
- Notes of the Council Meeting held on 2nd December 2020 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes (All)
7. Update Reports:
a) To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative (DC)
b) To receive, discuss and decide quotations for the purchase of a speed indicator sign. (DC)
8. Council Functions:
a) Playpark – To receive and decide upon quotes for maintenance work required to the play area as stated in the annual play area inspection report (JLF)
b) To review the Councils Standing Orders and Financial Regulation Policies. (All)
c) To review the Parish Council Communications policy, to add in a clause that addresses/proof of residency must be included in communication to be put before the Council.
d) To discuss and take any necessary actions regarding the day of future Parish Council meetings.
e) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Census 2021 webinar training session.
9. Financial matters
a) Current financial statement (All)
b) To consider a request for a financial donation from St Germains Church towards costs of the Parish magazine.
c) To agree the 2021-22 final budget and final precept demand for completion of the relevant documentation for submission to WLDC. (All)
d) nvoices for payment to be agreed (All)
Multidata (January) Broadband 38.92 0.00 38.92
Mrs L Richardson Clerks Salary, broadband/
Use of house as office 475.43 0.00 475.43
Glendale Village Maintenance 49.44 8.24 41.20
Welton Parish Council Play Area Inspections 20.00 0.00 20.00
10) Highways and Maintenance
a) Update report (JLF)
b) To receive quotes for the shrubbery clearance on The Alders and take any necessary action.
c) To receive and decide upon tender quotes for the 2021-22 grass cutting and village maintenance schedules, including the village planters. (All)
d) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding heavy good vehicles through the village using Langworth Road.
e) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding parking issues on The Green.
f) To receive an update from 3rd Witham Drainage regarding the clearance of the Beck.
g) To receive an update regarding the “widenmypath” initiative (JLF)
11. Planning matters: -
a) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the planning contravention of the planning application for plot 8 of the Deers Leap, Dunholme Road development.
12. Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths (BP/GW)
- To receive an update regarding maintenance due to overhanging tree on FFP 1025
13. Reports – to receive update reports:
a) Grange Park (CJN)
- To receive an update from Cllr Mrs Nicoll
- To receive an update regarding supply/installation of new benches.
- To receive confirmation of being a finalist for the Co-Op Community Champions initiative.
b) Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report (JLF)
14. Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various newsletters
- Resident – Reasons not to become a Councillor
- WLDC – Green space grants details
- Western Power – Details of works undertaken in the village
- Field Census – Details of online census training
- Playdays – Confirmation of new play area rope
- LCC – Confirmation of website switch over
15. Next meeting
- Wednesday 3rd February 2021, 7.30pm, to be held remotely via zoom