SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
A meeting of Scothern Parish Council will be held remotely on Wednesday 10th February 2021 at
Following the introduction of new legislation Councils are now able to hold meetings remotely. The Parish Council will therefore be using Zoom online video conferencing to hold remote meetings, until further notice.
If you wish to attend this remote meeting you will need to:
Email the Parish Clerk via email@example.com no later than noon on Monday 8th February 2021, to request access details. You will then be sent an email with a link to enable you to access this meeting.
Approximately 5 minutes before the meeting is due to start, you should click the link detailed in the email sent to you from the Council. You may then be prompted to enter the User ID and password which will also be emailed to you.
Signed: L. Richardson
Clerk to the Council
4th February 2021
- Housekeeping (All)
- External Reports (All)
a) Police Update, if any incidents to report on
b) District Councillor Report
c) County Councillor Report
3) Public Session (All)
4) Apologies for Absence: (All)
5) Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary): (All)
6) Minutes of previous meetings
- Notes of the Council Meeting held on 6th January 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes (All)
7) Update Reports:
- To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative (DC)
- To an update regarding the purchase of 3 speed indicator signs and erection poles. (DC & Clerk)
- To receive an update regarding the Census 2021 training session (CJN & DC)
8) Council Functions:
- Playpark – To receive and decide upon quotes for maintenance work required to the play area as stated in the annual play area inspection report (JLF)
9) Financial matters
- Current financial statement (All)
- Invoices for payment to be agreed (All)
Multidata (January) Broadband 38.92 0.00 38.92
Mrs L Richardson Clerks Salary, broadband/
Use of house as office 469.53 0.00 469.53
Glendale Village Maintenance 414.00 69.00 345.00
Cllr J Fotheringham Dog Poo Signs 13.95 0.00 13.95
10) Highways and Maintenance
- Update report (JLF)
- To receive quotes, discuss and take any necessary action regarding the cutting back of footpath edges.
- To receive quotes, discuss and take any necessary action regarding the clearance of fly tipping in the village
- To receive quotes, discuss and take any necessary action regarding maintenance required to the Parish Council car park off The Alders
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage and management scheme for Main Street and Saxon Fields.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage issues on Sudbrooke Road.
12) Planning matters: -
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the planning contravention of the planning application for plot 8 of the Deers Leap, Dunholme Road development.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the planning contraventions of the planning application for Mark Harris Commercials Ltd development.
13) Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths (BP)
- To receive an update regarding maintenance due to overhanging tree on FFP 1025
14) Reports – to receive update reports:
- Grange Park (CJN)
- To receive an update from Cllr Mrs Nicoll
- Update regarding the Green Spaces Funding
- Update regarding the Councils application for Lincolnshire Co-Op Community Champions
- To receive an update regarding supply/installation of new benches.
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report (JLF)
15) Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various newsletters
- G. Wiswould – Letter of resignation from the Council
- R. Creaser – Email to request further information on becoming a Parish Councillor
- WLDC – Notification of Vacancy on Parish Council
- LALC – LALC Members survey 2021
- Green Spaces Fund – Confirmation of grant
- Scothern PCC – Confirmation to carry on publication of Village Newsletter
16) Next meeting
- Wednesday 10th March 2021, 7.30pm, to be held remotely via zoom