NOTES OF THE MEETING OF SCOTHERN PARISH COUNCIL, HELD REMOTELY ON WEDNESDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2020 COMMENCING AT 7.30PM
PRESENT: Councillors Mrs C Nicoll (Chair), D Canton, J Fotheringham, B Patchett, G Wiswould,
County Councillor Mrs Sue Rawlins
District Councillor Bob Waller
Mrs C Myers - taking minutes in absence of Clerk
83.20 EXTERNAL REPORTS
- Police Report – None received.
- District Councillor Report – DC Bob Waller updated that a new Leader and Deputy Leader had been appointed for WLDC.
Councillor Waller was asked, that due to recent instances of fly tipping, if there were any discussions for the Recycling Centres to be opened 7 days per week instead of the current 5.
CC Mrs Sue Rawlins offered to make enquiries via LCC.
- County Councillor Report – CC Mrs Sue Rawlins reported as follows:-
- That Devolution had been put on hold by Central Government.
- That the new A46 roundabout was progressing but there would be traffic disruption until mid-December.
It was pointed out to Councillor Rawlins that the Cyclepath from Nettleham to Lincoln was in poor condition.
The Chair asked Councillor Rawlins if she could make enquiries for LCC to intervene with problems regarding overhanging hedges in the village.
84.20 PUBLIC SESSION – No public present.
85.20 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE - Mrs L Richardson, Clerk.
86.20 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None declared.
87.20 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Notes of the Council meeting held on 7th October 2020 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes – Proposed by Councillor Fotheringham, seconded by Councillor Patchett and unanimously Resolved.
88.20 UPDATE REPORTS
- To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative – Councillor Canton reported that the Team had been out twice during the last month and a total of 367 offenders had been reported since the beginning of the scheme. However due to the current Lockdown there would be no more checks made until after 2 December 2020.
Councillor Canton requested that acknowledgement of the Teams efforts be made via Facebook.
- To receive, discuss and decide quotations for the purchase of a speed indicator sign – Councillor Canton updated the meeting on costs, suggested site locations and battery v solar.
It was agreed that solar panels would be preferred, cost for three panels and one sign being £2,500. Suggested sites, Sudbrooke Road, Main Street, Dunholme Road, Heath Road, Nettleham Road (near to bend).
Councillor Canton to obtain more costings for posts and fitting. Councillor Fotheringham to contact LCC Highways for permission for fixing to posts/signs.
ACTION: Cllr Canton to prepare full report with costings for future meeting to enable decision to be made
89.20 COUNCIL FUNCTIONS
- Playpark – To receive and decide upon quotes for maintenance work required to the play area as stated in the annual play area inspection report – Councillor Fotheringham reported that a price had been obtained for the works required. Members agreed that a second quote should be obtained.
ACTION: Cllr Fotheringham to contact EKM at Minting for alternative quotation .
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the reduction of the village bus service – It was reported that Stagecoach will not be reinstating the morning and evening services. There is a temporary withdrawal of Service 11a due to Covid-19. When running again it must be used to enable the service to continue.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the annual Christmas event – The lights were currently being PAT tested. It was hoped that the tree could be erected sooner than usual and that it may be possible to have a ‘Teams’ light-up.
90.20 FINANCIAL MATTERS
- Current Financial Statement - This had been copied to all Councillors – that it be accepted unanimously Resolved.
- To receive and decide the draft 2021-22 budget; send the relevant precept request forms to WLDC – The budget was outlined by the Chair and estimated at £26,700. That this figure be conveyed to WLDC proposed by Councillor Wiswould, seconded by Councillor Canton and unanimously Resolved.
- To receive an update regarding the 2019/20 Annual Audit – No matters had come to the attention of the Council.
- Invoices for payment to be agreed:
Multidata (October), Broadband, £38.92 Net
Mrs L Richardson (October) Clerks salary, broadband, use of house as office - £475.43
Glendale - ground works, £880.76 Net, however there is dispute on this invoice.
PKF Littlejohn - external audit, £200 net
- HIGHWAYS AND MAINTENANCE
- Update report – No information received re hedge cutting at corner of Lime Tree Paddock.
It was noted that lorries carrying hardcore were passing through the village, destination unknown. Councillor J Fotheringham to take this up with LCC Highways, CC Sue Rawlins to also pursue with LCC Highways Department
- Sudbrooke Road footpath – Cllr Fotheringham to submit request via ‘widenmypath.com’ in relation to cycle path and footpath between Scothern and Sudbrooke.
92.20 PLANNING MATTERS
- 141292 - Land adjacent to Ashlin Farm Barns, Ashing Lane, Dunholme - 19 holiday lets, proposed reception building, excavation of wildlife lake and associated landscaping – granted.
- 141579 – Hall Farm, West Drive Sudbrooke- Erection of agricultural storage building – not yet determined.
- To receive an update regarding the Community Infrastructure Levy on the development on Langworth Road – CIL payment now received £2852.20
- To discuss and claim CIL payment in respect of additional dwelling to be erected on the Dunholme Road housing development - noted Cllr Waller had confirmed that this payment will be made.
To discuss any maintenance due to the village fieldpaths – None reported.
- Grange Park – To receive update – Nothing to report other than Grange Park meeting scheduled for 16 November 2020.
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report – Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern closed – Playground to remain open.
95.20 CORRESPONDENCE FOR INFORMATION ONLY
PKF Littlejohn Ltd – Request for Internal Audit letter
LCC – Confirmation of 2019-20 and 2020-21 grass cutting contributions
LALC – various newsletters
Nettleham Neighbourhood Policing Team – Crime update
Nettleham Parish Council – Speed indicator sign information
LCC – Update regarding old and new website systems
LCC – update regarding reduced bus service
96.20 NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Meeting closed 20:58