May 2021

4017

 

The Annual Parish Council meeting of Scothern Parish Council was held remotely on Wednesday 5th May 2021 following the Annual Parish meeting.

Present:                   Cllrs Mrs C Nicoll (CJN)(Chair), R Creaser (RC), J Fotheringham (JLF), B Patchett (BRP) D Canton (DC)

 

In attendance:         County Cllr Mrs S Rawlins   

                               Clerk, Mrs L Richardson

 

  1. Housekeeping

 

  1. To elect a chairman and sign the declaration of acceptance of office

Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Canton and agreed by all to elect Cllr Mrs Nicoll as Chairman to the Council for the coming year. Declaration to be signed.

 

  1. To elect a vice chairman and sign the declaration of acceptance of office

Proposed Cllr Mrs Nicoll, seconded Cllr Patchett and agreed by all to elect Cllr Fotheringham as Vice Chairman to the Council for the coming year. Declaration to be signed.

 

  1. External Reports  
  1. Police Update: - Nothing to report.
  2. District Councillor Report:

District Cllr Waller not present due to other commitment however following report received:

  • Covid rates in the area are falling and there has been no Covid deaths within the past seven days.
  • 60,387 people within West Lindsey have received first dose of Covid vaccine.
  • This week has seen the launch of the Business Grant Scheme; has been well taken up and new applications have been closed for the time being.
  • Business Restart Grant applies from 1st April 2021 and is not retrospective – this is a grant for businesses on the rates list only.
  • investigations into the burning at Scothern Nurseries are underway but still ongoing.
  1. County Councillor Report:

County Cllr Rawlins reported:

Craypool Lane flooding – There is some residual silt in the system that needs flushing out.  A review is due to take place shortly.  Further investigations will take place if necessary. LCC are in communications with Anglian Water regarding this.

 

70.21 Public Session

          No public in attendance         

 

71.21 Apologies for Absence:

          Apologies were received and agreed from District Cllr Waller.         

 

72.21 Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary):

          None         

 

73.21 Minutes of previous meetings

Notes of the Council Meeting held on 14th April 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes

Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Patchett and agreed by all to sign the notes of the last meeting as a true record.

         

74.21 Update Reports:  

  1. To receive an update regarding the Community Speed Initiative

Noted Community Speed Watch volunteers now working again.

  1. To receive an update regarding the installation of a speed indicator sign and erection poles

All equipment has now been received – the three posts installed. Solar panels and speed device to be fitted as soon as possible.

 

4016

 

  1. Playpark – To receive an update regarding the maintenance of the village play area

It is hoped that the maintenance work will be undertaken in the next month.

  1. To receive an update regarding the best garden competition

No further update

 

75.21 Council Functions:

  1. To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the future of remote meetings – information received from NALC and LALC

Advice received from Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) via LALC that remote meetings cannot now legally take place after Thursday 6th May 2021. Further meetings should be held face to face; but due to the lack of a suitable venue in the village agreed that face-to-face meetings are not practical at the present time. Noted however that there will need to be a brief face-to-face meeting towards the end of June to discuss and sign off the annual audit prior to submission in early July. Details to be agreed.

Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Canton and agreed by all not to hold face to face meetings for the time being. A date for meeting to complete the audit process will be arranged when internal audit completed.

Councillors were encouraged to complete the online survey by MHCLG calling for evidence in relation to remote meetings.

  1. To resolve that the Parish Council delegates authority to the Clerk/RFO in consultation with the Chairman/Vice-Chairman to suspend any relevant Standing Order or Financial Regulation as necessary, to ensure the smooth running and operation of the Council and to undertake day to day duties to minimise disruption to service provision and ensure business continuity, until such time as the Council can meet face-to-face in a Covid safe environment or alternative legislation is introduced

Proposed Cllr Canton, seconded Cllr Patchett and agreed by all to delegate authority to the Clerk/RFO and Chairman/Vice-Chairman to suspend any relevant Standing Order or Financial Regulation as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the Parish Council whilst meetings are not held due to Covid concerns. All councillors will be consulted should the need arise.

  1. To discuss and take any necessary action regarding Councillor responsibilities

Proposed Cllr Canton, seconded Cllr Patchett and agreed by all to undertake the following responsibilities:

Website and Facebook – Clerk

Police liaison – Clerk

Scothern Recreation Centre liaison – Cllr John Fotheringham

Play Equipment – Cllr John Fotheringham and Clerk

Highways (including hedges) – Cllrs John Fotheringham

Maintenance and village appearance – Robert Creaser

HR Group – Cllrs John Fotheringham and Barnaby Patchett

Best Garden Competition – Cllr John Fotheringham

Grange Park – Cllr Mrs Cathryn Nicoll

Public Transport – Cllr Mrs Cathryn Nicoll

Christmas Tree Event – Cllrs Barnaby Patchett and Mrs Cathryn Nicoll

Fieldpaths – Cllr Barnaby Patchett

Speed Awareness – Cllr Derek Canton

Church Coffee Mornings – Cllr Derek Canton

Tree Warden – Melanie Tointon (resident)

  1. To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the reinstatement of public transport

Agreed an approach be made to Lincolnshire County Council to ascertain arrangements for reinstating the CallConnect timetabled bus service post 21 June 2021 when the Covid-19 national roadmap is expected to be agreed by central government.

Action: Clerk

4015

76.21 To discuss and take any necessary action regarding possible smoke nuisance from Scothern Nurseries

          This matter is being investigated by District Cllr Waller.

 

77.21 Financial matters

  1. Current financial statement

Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Patchett and agreed by all to accept the current financial statement.

  1. To receive an update regarding the 2020-21 Annual Audit

The necessary paperwork has been completed and will be passed to the internal auditor shortly.

Action: Clerk

  1. To receive quotation and decide  action for the annual insurance, including a decision to enter into a long-term agreement with Zurich Insurance.

Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Creaser and agreed by all in the interests of economy, to accept the quotation for the annual insurance of £358.52 under a 5-year term agreement.

Action: Clerk to seek confirmation that the value of the speed indicator signs is included within the premium.

  1. Invoices for payment to be agreed

Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Canton and agreed by all to make the following payments:

Supplier

Detail

Gross

VAT

Net

Multidata (April)

Broadband

38.92

0.00

38.92

Mrs L Richardson

Clerks Salary, broadband/use of home as office

471.53

0.00

471.53

ICO

Data Management Fee

35.00

0.00

35.00

 

78.21 Highways and Maintenance

  1. Update report

Cllr Fotheringham reported-

  • Roadside gullies around the village have been cleared.
  • Dog fouling on Heathlea has been reported by resident, suggested the complainant should advise WLDC directly.
  1. To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the work undertaken by Western Power on Heath Road

LCC Highways have been contacted to see if the area can be reseeded.  A response is yet to be received.

 

79.21 Drainage

  1. To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage and management scheme for
  • Saxon Fields (Management Scheme and drainage)

Noted email has been sent to the management company for the area seeking confirmation that the communal areas are to be managed – a reply has not yet been received.

Action: Clerk will continue to chase a response.

Information awaited from Anglian Water regarding the drainage swale.

  • Craypool Lane (Drainage)

Being investigated by LCC.

  1. To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage issues on Sudbrooke Road

No further update.

 

80.21 Planning matters: -

  1. 142339 – Marc Harris Commercials Ltd – Request for confirmation of compliance of condition 2 of planning permission 140275 granted 12th February 2020 – Condition discharged.
  2. 142517 - 23 Main Street – Erection of car port to side of property –Granted
  3. 142676 – Chesterwood, 30 Main Street – Planning application for external timber cladding new doors and windows and other internal alterations – Undergoing public consultation

4014

 

  1. 142755 – 20 Heathlea – Planning application for replacement garage to the side – discuss and submit any comments to WLDC – Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Creaser and agreed by all to support the application
  2. To receive an update regarding the planning contravention of the planning application for plot 8 of the Deers Leap, Dunholme Road development - No further update. Cllr Fotheringham to seek information from District Cllr Waler.
  3. To receive an update regarding the planning contraventions of the planning application for Mark Harris Commercials Ltd development

District Cllr Waller has advised the enforcement officer that buildings on site are being painted and may contravene the original planning decision. Noted WLDC enforcement officer to meet with Mark Harris Commericals representative.

 

81.21 Field paths

           To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths - No current issues

 

82.21 Reports – to receive update reports:

  1. Grange Park - No update
  2. Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern - No update

 

83.21 Correspondence – for information only

  • LALC – Various newsletters
  • Resident regarding memorial bench on Grange Park
  • Resident regarding noise from The Bottle and Glass

 

84.21 Next meeting – To be arranged

 

 

Meeting closed:        21:16

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Signed (Chairman) …………………………………………….. 30th June 2021