A meeting of Scothern Parish Council was held remotely on Wednesday 10th February 2021 at 7.30pm.
Present: Councillors Mrs C Nicoll (Chair) (CJN), D Canton (DC), J Fotheringham (JLRF) and B Patchett (BP)
Also Present: District Councillor Bob Waller (RW)
1 member of the public
Clerk: Mrs Laura Richardson
17.21 External Reports
a) Police Update, if any incidents to report - nothing to report.
b) District Councillor Report
- Substantial decline in the Covid-19 figures.
- WLDC Charter has been put on hold until Councillors can attend Guildhall.
- More than £6million has been given in business grants for Covid-19 losses.
- Covid-19 wardens are still in the County.
- Contact has been made with the planning department regarding the planning contraventions within the village.
c) County Councillor Report – submitted apologies and reported email received from Cllr Fotheringham. Response will be made as soon as possible.
18.21 Public Session
No issues raised - member of public is interested in becoming a Parish Councillor.
19.21 Apologies for Absence:
Apologies were received from County Councillor Sue Rawlins.
20.21 Declarations of Interest (Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary):
21.21 Minutes of previous meetings
Notes of the Council Meeting held on 6th January 2021 – to receive, approve and sign as minutes
Proposed Cllr Canton, seconded Cllr Fotheringham and agreed by all to sign the notes of the last meeting as a true record.
22.21 Update Reports:
- To receive update regarding the Community Speed Initiative – Due to the National Lockdown no sessions have taken place.
- To receive update regarding the purchase of a speed indicator signs and erection poles – The order for the speed indicator sign and poles has been confirmed. Due to issues with Brexit however the delivery of the signs is forecast for late March 2021.
- To receive update regarding the Census 2021 training session – On 1st March 2021, households will start to get information packs regarding the online census. The census day 21st March 2021. Any information received will be put on Facebook and the Council website in the first instance and to be publicised in the Parish Magazine.
23.21 Council Functions:
- Playpark – To receive and decide upon quotes for maintenance work required to the play area as stated in the annual play area inspection report – No further update to minute as the Council is still awaiting a second quotation.
24.21 Financial matters
- Current financial statement – Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Patchett and agreed by all to accept the current financial statement.
- To discuss and agree to subscribe to the Annual Training Scheme fee for Lincolnshire Association of Local Councils training sessions – Proposed Cllr Canton, seconded Cllr Fotheringham, and agreed by all to join the Lincolnshire Association of Local Councils Annual Training Scheme for 2021-22 at a cost of £100.
- Invoices for payment to be agreed – Proposed Cllr Canton, seconded Cllr Patchett and agreed by all to make the following payments:
Multidata (January) Broadband 38.92 0.00 38.92
Mrs L Richardson Clerks Salary, 469.53 0.00 469.53
house as office
Glendale Village Maintenance 414.00 69.00 345.00
Cllr J Fotheringham Dog Poo Signs 13.95 0.00 13.95
25.21 Highways and Maintenance
- Update report
- Dead tree on Dunholme Road has been reported, LCC Highways state that it is the responsibility of the developer. County Cllr Mrs Rawlins has been asked to investigate this further on the Parish Council’s behalf.
- Blocked drains and potholes on Dunholme Road have been reported.
- County Cllr Mrs Rawlins has been asked to investigate timescales for resurfacing on Dunholme Road.
- The overhanging hedge on Lime Tree Paddocks has still not been cut back. An update on this has been requested from County Cllr Mrs Rawlins.
- Cycle path from Sudbrooke Road still needs maintaining and cutting back to its original width.
- West side of the footpath from Scothern to Sudbrooke needs maintaining.
- To receive quotes, discuss and take any necessary action regarding the cutting back of footpath edges
Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Canton and agreed by all to set a budget of £400 following quotation received from Glendale to have the edges of footpaths around the village to be cut back to allow a wider space for users.
- To receive quotes, discuss and take any necessary action regarding the clearance of fly tipping in the village
Proposed Cllr Canton, seconded Cllr Fotheringham and agreed by all to accept a quote from Glendale for £137 for the clearance of fly tipping next to the electricity substation on The Alders.
- To receive quotes, discuss and take any necessary action regarding maintenance required to the Parish Council car park off The Alders - This item was deferred to a future meeting to enable receipt of comparable quotations.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage and management scheme for Main Street and Saxon Fields
Main Street - The Parish Council is aware of flooding issues on Main Street and is in communication with several agencies regarding this.
Saxon Fields - District Cllr Waller was asked to take up various drainage issues with the planning department to ensure that all planning conditions have been met to a suitable standard. Enquiries also to be made through Anglian Water.
Actions: RW / CJN
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding drainage issues on Sudbrooke Road Proposed Cllr Mrs Nicoll, seconded Cllr Fotheringham and agreed by all to contact LCC Highways to pursue scheme to alleviate further flooding on Sudbrooke Road as soon as possible.
27.21 Planning matters: -
- 142322 – Land to rear of 26 Craypool Lane – Planning application to erect 1no. dwelling and detached garage – amendment to existing approval number 138949 – discuss and submit comments to WLDC – Proposed Cllr Fotheringham, seconded Cllr Mrs Nicoll and agreed by all to support the application; Clerk to advise WLDC.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding planning contravention of the planning application in relation to plot 8 of the Deers Leap, Dunholme Road development Noted WLDC enforcement Officer has written to the developer regarding this matter. To date no further information has been receieved.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding planning contraventions of the planning application for Mark Harris Commercials Ltd development – District Cllr Waller confirmed that he has requested copies of the criteria for the fencing and colour of the site buildings etc. To date this has not been received but is in hand. Mark Harris has contated Cllr Fotheringham to discuss the matter further, a list of the points made will be sent onto District Cllr Waller to seek further clarification.
28.21 Field paths
- To discuss any maintenance due to the village field paths – nothing to report.
- To receive an update regarding maintenance due to overhanging tree on FFP 1025 – LCC believe that the tree has been maintained by the landowner. Cllr Fotheringham will check if this is the case.
9.21 Reports – to receive update reports:
- Grange Park (CJN)
- To receive an update from Cllr Mrs Nicoll
- Update regarding the West Lindsey Green Spaces Funding – a grant of £500 has been received to be used towards the purchase and installation of new benches
- Update regarding the Councils application for Lincolnshire Co-Op Community Champions – No update has yet been received.
- To receive an update regarding supply/installation of new benches – This work will take place when ground conditions improve.
- Scothern Recreation Centre and Spirit of Scothern – receive update report – The committee is applying to iGas for funding towards improvements to the fixtures.
30.21 Correspondence – for information only
- LALC – Various newsletters
- G. Wiswould – Letter of resignation from the Council
- R. Creaser – Email to request further information on becoming a Parish Councillor
- WLDC – Notification of Vacancy on Parish Council
- LALC – LALC Members survey 2021
- Green Spaces Fund – Confirmation of grant
- Scothern PCC – Confirmation to carry on publication of Village Newsletter
31.21 Next meeting
- Wednesday 10th March 2021, 7.30pm, to be held remotely via zoom
Meeting closed: 20:50